Thursday, March 5, 2015

Easter bunny stained glass mug rug

After some attempts with easy shapes I decided to make more complicated picture as stained glass.
Because Easter is round the corner it is obviously I aimed my efforts to this scenario.


I have appliqued the same way - look at the tutorial HERE.

The difference now is that I want to have a finished item - mug rug,
The only possible quilting would be stitch in the black. Anyway I don't want to touch beauty of black stripes with thread stitching.
I quilted the backing and batting first.


Then place this sandwich right side down and place the finished top on.
Stitch round the perimeter at a quarter inch from the edge of the picture  and trim to 3/8 inches from the edge.



Then add binding as usual.


Grab the pattern from CRAFTSY or ETSY.

Tip:
I have chosen pastel fabrics, but think more vivid colors would give a better look!

No comments:

Post a Comment