Thursday, September 24, 2015

The four seasons Wall hanging

 Two months ago I have a really interesting order to make a wall hanging that will match to the interior of a room. It was a real challenge because of mix of various materials and special spirit of the interior.
I decided on classical Black and White with fuchsia accent.
The four seasons always are good theme for improvisations so trees and fallen leaf are quite interesting directions to push my efforts.
In progress on my design wall:


I usually work with mini quilts or single blocks so my wall is narrow for entire top with boarders :)


For quilting I try the spiral for collecting all seasons and as reminiscence of tree annual rings.


I love using my walking foot. The quilting took me almost 2 hours - to short time for the quilt sized 33 inches square.
Are you interested in getting more fluent in using walking foot.
take the course at CRAFTSY Creative Quilting with Your Walking Foot


No comments:

Post a Comment