Sunday, September 30, 2012

Scrappy door-mat

A friend of mine, working in a sewing company, gave me four cardboard boxes full with  fabrics, pieces and samples of fabric they had used for their new collection. There are many cut squares - jeans, woollen and cotton.
Somebody could neglect this fact, but I am so happy. I like using different pieces for small projects.
I need a new door mat so, the small squares were perfect for my idea. They were small - 3 or 4 inches.
I decide to collect them random order in stripes and add more if it is necessary for desired size.
Add polyester batting and back fabric and began qiulting.

I thought it would be good for practice some different samples with free motion.
To my regret it has so thick seam allowances that it couldn't go under my darning food.
I made some running stitches by hand to keep all three layers together and binding.
Anyway I like the colors and the scraps' combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment