Monday, September 3, 2012

Fly little Ladybird

"Ladybird, ladybird, fly away home
Your house is on fire and your children are gone
All except one, and that's Little Anne
For she has crept under the warming pan."
German folk song

I had an order from a friend of mine for an interesting potholder. I know the shape, but what fabrics to choose.
The original idea is butterfly, designed and made by Laurraine from Patchwork Pottery.
Mine is working similar way, but has a little bit different shape.
I was gifted with a fabric with printed lady bird on it.
What an idea. That will be great!
I have no red fabric with black dots, so I had to applique small dots on the red fabric.
Put some heavy batting for insulation.
And the gorgeous back.
In addition I made another potholder in my favorite orange.
Does it look like an insect? Butterfly? I don't believe.
But they are going well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment