Thursday, February 18, 2021

Disappearing Hour Glass' study

 One day drinking my morning coffee I found a video tutorial how to make Disappearing Hour Glass quilt block.

I was interested in and tried with two pieces of fabric I have by hand. They were around 11 inches squares.


I was not satisfied with the result and made another one with small pieces - 3 inches.


The colors' combination was great but the corner triangles were so small that after stitching to the neighbour pieces they would disappear.

Then I decided to make a study and made some blocks - 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 inches. 

The 6 inch block was the last one that looks well and by which the seam allowances would "not eat" the corners.


How they looked like at previous step?


I liked the puzzle with all blocks and gather them in a top quilt.


For now it is lap quilt  size. 

Probably have to add borders to have a bigger top?

No comments:

Post a Comment