Soon will be Christmas so I decided to make a present to all my reader. I have chosen red and green patterns for this tutorial. Hoping you like it!
In 30 minutes sewing you will have a drawstring like this :)
The size is 4,5 inches width 4 inches height.
You need 2 almost half circle 5 inches x 4 inches and 2 rectangles 5 inches x 2,5 inches.
1. Sew each rectangle with half circle right side together.
2. Iron both parts.
3. Sew right side together and zig-zag stitch.
4. Hem the end and stitch by hand.
5. Turn over and the pouch is ready to put the drawstrings.
Here is the "Magic". Look carefully how to begin.
6. Cut two strings 20 inches long.
From the side seam begin running stitch around the bag first one and then another side.
Tie two ends by a knot.
7. Repeat the same action begining from opposite side a quarter inch distance between stitches.
Drawing two ends will close the bags. At this step open it manually - put finger inside and open.
8. Now it is time for endings.
Cut 2 circles 2,5 inches diameter from one color .
Fold in a half, stitch with a pin and sew diagonal.
NOTE WHERE THE KNOT IS!
Turn over and pull the string to look better.
If needed cut the ends with scissors.
Repeat with other end.
These strings will close the pouch.
9. Now we make the strings for opening.
Cut two strings 10 inches long. Fix the string at the side seam between two running stitches.
Make the ends equal and tie a knot.
10. Cut 2 circles 2,5 inches diameter from another color. Make the ending the same way.
The back side of the pouch.