I was interested in and began looking for rusty elements.
Following advices in the magazine I succeed these results. I was amazed how easy it happens.
1. Mix three parts vinegar with one part water and soak a piece of fabric for a few minutes.
2. Lay on a plastic, put the rusty item, wrap carefully first with the cloth and then with plastic.
3. Leave in a hot sunny place.
The result after 24 hours.
4. Mix a tea spoon baking soda in 1 liter warm water and soak fabric for 15 min. This will stop the process.
5. Rinse with cold water, dry and iron.
I have red many posts about the dyeing with rust.
Love the page of Kimberly Baxter - the place with most detailed instructions and Q&A page.
What I have made with a piece of rusty dyed fabric.
Looking at it I have seen it has a mirror image.
So named it "REFLECTIONS"
I have sewn some free motion embroidery, added a frame of fabric.
The others are waiting for my inspiration...