Tuesday, May 22, 2018

20 blessed years

These days the most popular news is the Royal wedding in English royal family.
On the same island, but with 20 years history live another couple. You might say they have an ordinary life. Probably you are right, probably not.
These 20 years were blessed with love, two beautiful girls and many incredible memories.
When she asked me to create a quilt as a anniversary gift for him I felt special. I wanted to make a different quilt, quilt that gather all 20 years and all love in this family.
I have been thinking out more than a month, discussed many ideas and finally designed a quilt.
It is base on my pattern Tessellating hearts quilt.

 But it is more than this base.
 At the very first beginning I have chosen some fabrics.
Then added more and almost made a mess on the floor.

I have added some paper pieced blocks connected with their lifetime.

 I designed a post box as a postage stamp. The narrow stripped stripe is associated with stamp edges.

 Made this as a sign of infinity love.


 And finally the top turned out absolutely gorgeous.
I have no doubt how to quilt it.
The spiral looks the only possible way. it begin from the center, goes through blocks corresponding to the life way and finally on the boarder I wrote the names of the family members.
Awesome result!
When found this place for taking pics without anybody's assistance I was truly lucky.

P.S. As usual I made a card with leftovers from sewing, short story and care instructions.


 Oh , forget to show the back. Rainy drops in both mint and sky blue.
There are many rainy days in England. :)


 The label


What more - it is a real LOVE story.

2 comments:

  1. You are a very special lady RUMI
    So kind and thoughtful. The meaning behind your creative design is truly wonderful and we love and miss you dearly. It will forever remind us of our Bulgarian family. I can't wait to share it with Dave. Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I appreciate your words. You all have a special place in my mind and heart. Let me know what he would say :)

      Delete