Have you heard about the new anti stress therapy - coloring books for adults?
And especially Johanna Basford's Secret Garden.
I had to sew mats and wandering about design.
I have looking at my fabrics when found this one - IKEA designed print very similar to the coloring pages.
Immediately imagined a mat like coloring page.
Two hours later I have a finished mat.
Are you interested how to do? It is absolutely fun and easy.
1. Cut a piece 13 inches long selvage to selvage.
2. Then cut a rectangle 10x13 inches (left piece on the picture). The right one we will use for transfer the drawing lines and at the end as the back fabric..
3. Cut a white rectangle 10x13 inches and stitched both pieces right side together.
Iron the seam open an you have a top.
4. Now it is time to transfer the lines from the printed fabric onto the white one.
If you have LightPad to transfer the lines use it.
I usually use a window glass in daylight.
Get the right piece from Step 2 and tape it onto the glass.
5. Adjust the prepared top from Step 3 to fit the print so that you can see the complete drawings.
6. Now transfer some of the lines with Trick Marker self-erasing.
7. Cut a piece of batting bigger than the top, sandwich and FMQ with black thread.
8. Place a piece of fabric for back, stitch in the ditch and make a binding as usual.
Now you have a finished mat!
You can use any similar printed fabric with drawings if not have IKEA design.