1. Cut the backing 2 inches wider and 2 inches longer than the top.
Lay the trimmed top with batting on the backing and pin.
I have quilted top and batting together.
2. Fold the backing to the edge of the top and iron.
3. Cut the corner and fold at 45 degree as shown on the pics.
4.Fold each side once more and pin.
5. Repeat with all corners and began sewing carefully.
When reach the corner leave the needle down position and pivot.
6. Stitch all perimeter this way.
When finish stitch neatly by hand the corners of the binding using blind stitching.