Sunday, January 16, 2011

Notebook from recycled packing lump sugar box

Another my passion except patchwork and fabrics is paper. I become a great pleasure when give a new life to packing of chocolates, sugar, tea etc.  Discovering book binding I began to make notebooks and journals. There are several methods of binding - coptic, Ethiopian, Japanese, long-stitch, secret Belgian, calf-binding (“leather-bound”).

I called this project -  Second life for used wrapping cover.

I cut the covers from box and some sheets from paper or cardboard (depends what sheets I have). This time they were rest from a previous project. I choose japanese binding now.
Look at this clip for instructions. Very simple and easy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKXfvqoUKsg

And the result is

No comments:

Post a Comment